May Written Words Make Up for What I Fear to Say

I don't say it every day
Because, darling, I'm still afraid.
Perhaps for selfishness or mere pride
But whatever it is, it is not fair
Because all you expect is my care
And all you deserve is my truth
Yet, I struggle to look into your eyes and say
All the things you want to hear

That is why I write to you,
Though in the language you don't understand,
To relieve my heart and peace my mind.
My thoughts become reality and thus truth
And satisfied I return to my silent stares and distant smiles

Then you look at me again,
With disappointment darkening your eyes,
And I know my job has failed
For you still don't know, still haven't heard
From my lips your desired words
And you haven't felt from my arms
The warmth of the love I have for you.

Bear with me, darling,
Through this letters I promise you,
One day I'll be able to look at you
Not through the stars in the midnight sky,
But through my eyes right in front of you
And I will finally admit,
With a racing heart and watering eyes,

That only you, my dear, I love.

Comentarios

Entradas populares