Some days I wake up feeling like I can conquer the world. I wake up smiling and look at the clear sky with a peace of mind telling me that, even if I cannot conquer the world, at least I can try. I eat breakfast enjoying every bite like it is the first and last one, and I walk to the bus stop embellished by the morning sky and dew. I smile to every person who passes by, and greet my classmates with tight hugs and noisy kisses like I had not seen them in months. I enjoy helping and caring for people and even with the day's frustration or stress, I manage to stay positive. I can shake or overthink when eating or studying, but I hold onto a bit of joy like a rainbow across a cloudy sky. 
Other days, I wake up feeling like I cannot hold onto the world. I wake up with a void telling me that the world is too hard to conquer--not because it is against me but because I am not strong enough--and even the sun rays from my window fail to fill the void. I shake preparing and eating breakfast, and my beloved black coffee doesn't have its usual spark. Without intending, I send irritated looks and bitter remarks at my family and friends. I struggle to focus in class and my thoughts spin in a tornado of anxiety and self-doubt. Those days, I am unstable and furious like a lightning during a midnight storm. Yet, just like the lightning disappears and the sky goes back to its natural peace at dawn, my mind resets and slowly lets go of all its burdens.

Comentarios

Entradas populares